Totally agree, this was a performance that introduced us to the Premier
league. To score 3 goals ( almost 4) all from open play v the best team in the
country who only conceded 16 (?) at home last season was remarkable
Like many pre game I just did want us to get outclassed,  by the end I was
gutted we did not get at least one point All this with our captain and
organiser missing
It will be the results against the lower teams, not liverpool,  man city etc
that will define our season,  and if we play like that against them, starting v
Fulham we will be fine.
One thing that did piss me off was the lack of knowledge from so called experts
 - whilst they, quite rightly gave us lots of praise,  some comments showed
total ignorance of Bielsaball.  Souness , knob, was the worst offender,  asking
if we had  a big squad ( we purposely do not! ) then saying we can't keep this
high pressure game all season,  welll we have managed to do it for 48 and 46
games in the last 2 seasons so 36 will be easy ( whilst the results collapsed 2
seasons ago the level of intensity and performance did not)
Feeling much happier and more confident now than before kick off
Just gutted that we cant be there . I saw a quote today that sums it up "
football used to be 7 hours with lots of mates,  now it is 90 minutes with one
other person"
Dave
    On Sunday, 13 September 2020, 08:57:30 BST, Richard Walker via Leedslist