Pre game my lad texted me to say how much he has looked forward to this fixture
but now that it was here it did not really interest him . We could not go to
the game and it had no bearing on our seasonHe came to mine to watch it and
bythe final whistle we were leaping around the room like we had just won the
leagueWhat a result , what a performance Ok the stats suggest we should have
lost by 4 or 5 goals but, in reality as well as the goals we had the best
clearest chance ( Raph clean through) - they huffed and puffed but only created
half chances as we were steadfast on our defence.Personally I thought the red
was harsh ( stamp by sterling looks just as bad on SLO mo, plus late taking out
of Raph) but unlike when Arsenal benefited from getting a red it just put us
under the cosh, and how we responded Every man jack of them put themselves on
the line and gave their all - and all without resorting to time wasting or
general shit housing - we tried to play football and repel wave after wave.
Sure we rode our luck and relied on their profligacy that on another day would
have cost us , but we did it with style and still tried to win it So when
Alioski played it through to Dallas to finish with aplomb it was deserved- the
fact that KP was given man of the match with Dallas a very close second rather
than Meslier in a game when they claimed to have 21 shots or whatever shows how
dangerous those shots were (or weren’t)So put Man City in the list with
Leicester as teams at the top who we have beatenA great dayDave