From: Leedslist <leedslist-boun...@gn.apc.org> On Behalf Of alan.edgar--- via
Leedslist
Sent: 10 July 2021 15:44
To: leedslist@gn.apc.org
Subject: Re: [LU] Leedslist Digest, Vol 133, Issue 3

Dave wrote:
> KALVIN PHILLIPS of LEEDS UNITED is in the team

A guy who less than a year ago was still playing Championship football, but
played for England before he played a single Premiership game, and is now
seeing Rice getting hooked for Henderson while he plays the entire match.
> PS Why were England not this good when I was a regular and had vouchers for
> various finals
As someone who has been to every Euro and WC since 1988 except 94 and 02, I can
only share your feelings.Managed to get a ticket for the Germany game, and was
at the 1st semi, but the prices outside the ground for the 2nd semi were far
too rich for my blood, and will have sky-rocketed by Sunday.
> shit having to watch in the pub

Not ideal, definitely - however I managed to blag my way into the Novotel on
Wembley Way to watch it on the big screen.A great atmosphere, especially
post-match when the bar stayed open til 3 and the hotel foyer til 5, so will
try again on Sunday in the hope that when I fail to get in again, the evening
will take a similar course.
Al

Rest in Peace Guy, and wear your hat!