Not sure if anyone can help but I thought it might be worth a try:I got a call
today from a pal in the local garage who has a till which sends end of day
figures to a pc in the office which then produces details of sales of petrol.
They need this to record details of sales to account customers.The pc keeps
failing to see the till and they can't do their daily recording.I suggested
that most likely the till is running on a kiosk version of XP and can't talk to
a windows 10pc because it most likely no longer has smb1 enabled.I talked my
pal through the steps to enable smb1 and after a reboot, hey presto the pc
talked to the till.Does anyone know if I really did find the fix or is the link
just erratic?Just like their till supplier, I suggested they upgraded the till
as I thought that the stripped down "kiosk" xp had been binned too.Betty Sent
from the passenger seat of an imaginary Austin A40......