Pretty accurate assessment - it was definitely up there in terms of worst games
(both sides included) I’ve seen in many a year. Marsch now knows how teams who
are battling will play at Elland Rd - diving, wasting time, nagging the ref
etc. We have to try and play some football! The continual playing it across the
backline only for Cooper/Meslier to hoof it long underscores our lack of
creativity playing from the back. Much as Llorente has been a defensive
liability of late, he breaks forward well, as does Struijk if at centre back.
That is a problem that needs working on.

I absolve none of the players for sinking down to Villa’s depths yesterday -
apart from maybe Bamford who we desperately need to be involved from the start
of games. The ref was poor, but we aided and abetted our own demise. Ditto the
fans, who’s constant singing of ‘Tyrone Mings - f***ing sh*t’ must have been
music to their ears!

Sinisterra looked the only likely one to break the deadlock, so to see him fall
foul of a nit-picking referee like that was infuriating, but just about
summarised the afternoon.

We got a point when we may have got beaten so that was good.

Finally, and I know this will not be a universally held view, but the time for
a player to be sacrificed against Villa has come - by sacrificed I mean they
should cripple McGinn! That f***er is going to end someone’s career before
long, and we need to get our retaliation in first. I don’t mean just foul him
either - broken leg/legs - he’s a twat who needs sorting out!

Love, peace and United :-)