That’s an awful piece of journalism. Roca was bloody awful 2nd half but as I
said he wasn’t the only reason why we were so 2nd best in the second half.
However, it was one of the main reasons.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Sunday, January 1, 2023, 6:05 pm, Michael Benjamin <m...@myray.com> wrote:

Completely agree
Get Outlook for AndroidFrom: Leedslist <leedslist-boun...@gn.apc.org> on behalf
of Richard Walker via Leedslist <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 1, 2023 4:37:33 PM
To: leeds list (leedslist@gn.apc.org) <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
Subject: [LU] Newcastle thoughts Considering where they are in their journey
and where we are this was a great point for us in very difficult conditions.
Every player gave 100% and we battled hard to get the point.
However, for me this is a game that 9 times out of 10 we lose 3/4/5 nil. Yes at
times we defended heroically, we had to do, but how many unmarked black and
white shirts were there in the box from corners, set pieces and open play. They
had chance after chance which they either blazed over or were saved by Man of
the Match Meslier ?
I thought we were excellent in the first half with a new look centre midfield
of Forshaw and Adams. A lot of people have written Forshaw off but considering
how much time he has had out and how little football he plays , he was fit
enough to compete and really make a difference in that first half. A much
better option defensively than Roca. Yes he gave the ball away cheaply at times
but then I think you can level that at all our players yesterday. We just seem
incapable of playing a simple ball at times. It is very frustrating to watch.
Then a half time , Forshaw went off to protect him (apparently) and on came my
favourite Roca. Immediately, we lost control of the midfield and the game. I'm
obviously not blaming it all on Roca but it was a significant difference. Roca
flatters to deceive but I think there's a lot of fans who can now see past a
decent left foot and are asking what is this guy bringing to the party ? He's
simply not good enough to compete and play at this level and the Twitter army
who sent me all sort of messages yesterday when I said I'd much rather go with
Forshaw and Adams than Adams/Roca are just simply wrong. Also Forshaw will get
fitter and better. Is he the long term answer ? No. BUT neither is Roca and we
need another central midfield this month.
My main complaint about the performance is our complete lack of tactics. To
create a chance we are reliant on someone to get the ball and run and beat 2 or
3 men and score. Gnonto gave it a go, so did Aarnson and Harrison but both
fluffed their final shot. Rodrigo managed to get round his man and make the
keeper save but where's the interplay, where are the attacking tactics ? We
don't have any and we look like a team of battlers who really haven't got a
clue. Summervilla and Gnonto might keep us up with some goals on the break but
I really fear for us.
Marsch looks fucked - he looks out of his depth to me.
Wednesday is looking big and I hope we can take some positives from yesterday
and really have a go at West Ham.
Happy New Year
Scores:
Meslier - 10. Perfect performance Ayling - 6. I thought he battled well but
looked ring rusty at times Struijk - 7. Some good tackles but then some slack
play Cooper - 8. 100%Koch - 8 100% Forshaw - 7. Fought hard first half Adams -
8. FOught hard for 94 minutes Harrison - 6. Out of sorts but did ok in hte
first half Aaronson - 6. People beginning to question his end product but he's
doing ok for me. Maybe if we had some better tactics he would look more
effective Gnonto - 8. Got the ball and ran with it. Like the look of this lad
Rodrigo - 7. Did ok 2nd half but ineffective first half.
Subs:Klich - 4. Totally ineffective uRoca - 2. Totally ineffective - yellow
card and misplaced passes is what he brought. Joffy - can't remember him doing
owtRasmus - awful. St Maximus or wahtever he's called murdered him

Rest in Peace Guy, and wear your hat!