Firstly - really naffed off that there was no announcement that this was to be
Klich’s last game and that there would be “goodbye” - loads more of the crowd
would have stayed behind if we’d have known. You can see from the clips that he
is in tears…what a sorry cock-up when something could so easily have been said
and made a proper send off. He’s had 5 years and has been a real star.

So WHam had lost the previous 5 on the bounce… they were rubbish last night.
Showed very little, other than all the nasty time-wasting you come to expect in
these kinds of games. And doing everything they could to kick Gnonto and
Summerville out of the game - both flared up when wound up and someone needs to
have a word / be a minder for them on the pitch.

Finally, we have a game plan - unfortunately its not much of a plan. Don’t let
them score and get the ball to Summerville, Gnonto or Rodrigo. Then hope.

Both of our goals were crackers - nice movement and passing through the middle
Gnonto & Summerville for the first one (hell of a finish too); Harrison and
Rodrigo for the second.

But the goals we gave away were poor- especially the second…seconds into the
second half, Aaronson plays a soft pass straight to their guy, 25 yards out,
who just turns round and belts it in off the post.

Meslier - once again, nothing he do about the goals - because our defence is
just all over the place - he had a real go at Cooper in the first half, after
another attack from them had come straight through unchallenged
Ayling - is miles better than Christensen.
Cooper - again looked dodgy - although he was a) unlucky when a header was
cleared off the line at the death, but then wayward when he scooped the rebound
over the bar
Koch - looked solid enough
Struijk - likewise - the penalty against him was one of those 50:50 calls - the
ref initially gave a goal kick and it happened not 10 yards from him with a
good view.
Adams - a one man midfield
Roca - achieved little that I saw
Summerville - livewire - hooking up with Gnonto brilliantly - both are direct,
fast, tricky and probably nightmares to play against
Gnonto - see above - plus a cracking goal.
Aaronson - lightweight, and mainly ineffective
Rodrigo - feel for this guy - runs his socks off - has little close support -
has got 10 this season now, almost the winner at the end, and yet people still
don’t really value him.

SUBS - Greenwood, Klich, Harrison - all came on and made things better - moved
us up the field: Gelhardt wasn’t on long enough to achieve much

So if we have everyone fit, our choice of forwards is: Rodrigo (leading scorer
this season); Gnonto (a class apart); Summerville (developing into a real
threat); Harrison (when he’s good he’s very good, when he’s not… nevertheless
he has a great record of assists); Aaronson (lightweight, unproven but flickers
of quality); Bamford (mainly injured, but when not a good premier league #9);
Gelhardt (looks like dynamite when given 10 minutes from the bench; given 90
minutes seems to struggle for impact - but clearly looks like a bright future
is there for the taking)

That’s 3 who are mainly left wingers and only Aaronson on the right. Gelhardt
who no one seems to trust to start a game. Rodrigo who is all heart and doing
well as the front man but who we know will get pushed back to a “false 9”
position once we get a “proper #9”. Its a mess. And yet there are some really
good players in there.

Meanwhile the defence continues to be a clown show…again with some decent
players.

It all comes back to the game plan, which is wrong and not using the players to
the best of their abilities.

Marsch looks done in - out of his depth and struggling.