Sad to hear this. I met Dave many years ago at World Net. I can't remember if I
knew about his toe in advance or if I learnt about it there but I do remember
wondering how it would affect him walking considering the amount of work your
big toe actually does.Dave was delighted to show me his false big toe and said
he was fine :-)Funny the things you remember 20 odd years later!Rest in peace
Dave. I'm pleased to see that you have had the List's highest honour bestowed
upon you - the footer section.Have a beer (or two) with Guy, mate.Maverick.Sent
from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: John Boocock <j...@boocock.net> Date:
09/01/2023  19:09  (GMT+00:00) To: leedslist@gn.apc.org Subject: [LU] Dave
Dowden. Dear all,Quite a few of you will know that lister and member of the
Leeds Lards worldnet team, Dave 'Lido' Dowden has been ill with cancer this
past two years. His illness finally got the better of him late on Sunday night.
He was at home with his family having turned what was a six month assessment
into two very full years.Those of you who knew Dave would know that he was a
devoted Leeds fan but there was so much more to him. He was a munroist, he
enjoyed cycling, and took an active part in politics in Pudsey. In recent years
he was a leading light in the Pudsey Greenside Greenway project. He also liked
a good fire!A committed traveller, there were few places he had not visited and
anyone who shared those trips will confirm that they were always er, eventful.
He made many of the matches abroad during our most recent European campaigns
and quite a few of us shared those trips. (Anyone going to the Barca game will
remember him and Chris Fitz staying above a sex shop which they were convinced
was run by nuns).I can not begin to list all the adventures, stories and
mishaps he was involved in (he was short of a big toe after an accident with a
lawn mower). One thing I can say is they were many. Maybe one day someone will
collect them.Anyway, he now joins the other listers in the great list
retirement home in the sky. Dave was a one off and will never be forgotten.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/leedslist/Rest in Peace Guy, and wear your hat!