Hungover musings .....
Great result and v.important win but my overall impression wasn't great. Yes we
were the better of two poor teams but I thought a lot of our play was
pedestrian and predictable and for me the 4-4-2 was the reason. We hardly
created a chance in the first half and when we did get into good positions we
fluffed it. Also, we just kept giving the ball away cheaply.
Second half I thought Summerville changed things with his pace and energy. Yes
his final ball isn't quite there and he missed a sitter or should have passed
to Harrison but he makes things happen. Only have to look at his contribution
on the goal. I also thought Rutter did well.
I am concerned about our dynamic duo in midfield. Mckennie needs to be fitter.
He's got good touch on the ball but he's carrying a bit of weight around the
pitch. Roca most definitely isn't the answer and you only have to look at his
contribution when he came on. Whilst the other 2 subs made an impact, Roca
fluffed a shot and then looked painfully off the pace. I don't even think the
lad is a premier league player.
After a few great games, Ayling was awful and I;m sure he must have been on the
piss Friday night cos he was giving the ball away for fun and he doesn't do
that very often.
Firpo is showing us that he does have a role but I still worry when he has to
defend.
The new manager seems like a nice bloke but nice blokes don't usually win much.
Need to see a performance against Chelsea.