Having struggled through the last two matches manfully, I was prepared for the very worst last night. I cheered up no end with Sinisterra's great goal, but by the time we had reached 60 minutes it was clear that normal service had been resumed.

Yes Harrison looked the best of the bunch even if his aim is sometimes wayward and yes Meslier had a much better game (admittedly against a less skilled attack), and here's another but, why the hell did we ever buy Aaronson, McKennie or our new bench warmer Rutter?

Surely we have more potential amongst the kids? Just cast your mind back to the handover from Graham to O'Leary and see what happened. Yes I know Risible had his shaky hands all over some very expensive signings after that, but surely the time is fast approaching when we will see the folly of shoving out James, Clarke and Geldhart whilst relying on Marsh's best mates from a world where football is clearly a figment of someone's imagination.

We need someone with a properly organised footballing brain in charge, even if that means preparing for what I consider to be the joys of the only real League in England, the Championship.

The shadow of our recent past still hangs over us and round every corner there appear to be traps set by those involved in that past. Those sat in the board room should perhaps think about what renewal is required to combat that past as until whoever is in there this week does that we will continue to look backwards. In fear of our own shadows.

On the other hand if we stay up.............................

Betty