I previously said I don't entirely blame Orta for last season's debacle -
and I don't, he really doesn't deserve half the shit he gets - however, he
had many more misses than hits, which in actual fact is pretty par for the
course for Leeds.

Is one of the problems our underlying strategy?

Looking back over my lifetime the biggest successes we have had in the
transfer market were the grizzled old-timers: Bobby Collins, Gordon
Strachan anyone?

We've also had success with players who were at least mature when we bought
them: Johnny Giles, Gary McAllister, Allan Clarke and so on

I can't think of many examples of us buying young first-teamers that were
unequivocally  successful.

Why do we waste our time buying for the future when the future is sackcloth
& ashes?

Damian

--

*Damian WALSH*

[image: Euromaster]

[image: Euromater]

*Euromaster*
7 place Henri Dunant
63038 Clermont-Ferrand
Mob. +33 (0)6 85 80 18 49 <+33%206%2085%2080%2018%2049>
damian.wa...@euromaster.com <anabela.al...@euromaster.com>