Big game tonight!
Not really because it is Leicester, but because it will be difficult! Leeds
need to keep winning to stay up with Ipswich and Southampton. A draw/defeat
could take a few weeks to make-up.

It is great that we are now essentially in with a 1 in 3 chance of
automatic promotion and adding in the chances of getting through the play
offs must make us about 50/50 overall, in spite of our play-off cock ups in
years gone by.

However there are a couple of things that worry me.
The bench players are by and large not good enough to be considered impact
players.  Only James/Gnonto (whichever does not start) is good enough in
that way. The rest are really holding replacements. It means that options
are limited to give the team a boost after 70 mins, which I think is why we
have often lost a bit of control at that stage in recent matches. The place
where this is really felt is in the engine room, where there are no obvious
fresh legs to bring on at all. Especially with Archie and Ampadu playing in
the back 4.

A couple more signings in January would have helped.  Contrast our business
with Ipswich and Hull, who made significant improvements with Kiefer Moore
and Carvalho respectively + other players with Premier League experience.
I will be much more nervous about facing either of them in the play offs
now, should that happen.

Sorry about the full-on ramble.

KoT