I think it is at least some of the story, John.

He’s the outstanding player in the league, closing in on 20 goals (at 1 in
every 2 games) plus another 10 or so assists, that is a season of consistent
returns. The fact that he has had a couple of bad games - at the same time as
the team is struggling - doesn’t change that.

I suppose where my tetchiness comes from is listening to knuckle-heads on the
Kop berating Summerville, Rutter and Rodon for being “lazy”, “not fit to wear
the shirt” etc in the last couple of games.

At this point all that matters is winning, and if you got to win ugly (Gnonto’s
offside goal!) so be it. To do that you don’t drop a guy with a hand in nigh on
30 goals. He might well not have been our best player yesterday, but there is
an argument that he was the most effective.

Anyway, on to London… which is always easy!

Sent from my iPad