From: Leedslist <leedslist-boun...@gn.apc.org> on behalf of nattan--- via
Leedslist <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 1, 2024 11:49:18 AM
To: leeds list <leedslist@gn.apc.org>
Subject: [LU] Saints - crowd reaction

I wonder what mood ( apart from resignation) the crowd wil be in on Saturday.
Will the players and Farke be treated as heroes for turning a season around,
getting to within an inch of automatic promotion despite the huge points gap at
times, and gaining an unbelievable 90pts ORWill they be treated as bottle jobs
who let us and themselves down when it really counted especially the abject
capitulation at QPR ?
Both reactions are understandable and reasonable.
Will it be affected by anything happening at Ipswich? How leeds would it be to
hear Huddersfield have won then concede a last minute equaliser anyway ?
Personally i think overall they have done a fantastic job and need our full
backing in the play offs but i totally understand the opposite point of view
that they failed ( so far ) when it really mattered.
I know which of my match going mates will take which  view

Been seeing/ hearing a lot re play off statistics - 36 % of teams coming 3rd
get promoted but leeds have lost all 5 play off attempts and have lost every
final since 1972 in various competitions,  so it is very much a lottery
Finally i want to put on record (again) what a fraud the play off final is . It
gets all the razzmatazz and build up of a real final but should be something we
are ashamed to be at - 2 teams not good enough to go up properly.  Yes i will
really enjoy the victory if we manage it but still think it is a fraud

Dave Dowden, a legend, a Totty Twin, a pie man! R.I.P.