I had understood from some earlier postings (possibly from Betty regarding 
the involvment of various MPs - but I haven't gone back to check) that the 
Revenue were happy to go after Leeds/ Bates, forcing them into a cva, 
because it gave them an opportunity to challenge the current rules which 
protects footballers at the expense of the taxman.

If so, I think they will be happy to have to "lose" a substantial sum 
because of the leverage it will give them in Parliament (which MP will stand 
up to defend Bates?). If they'd have got say 75% they wouldn't have had the 
same leverage.

Leeds, wrong time wrong place?

Damian

PS Bright Side #36 Leeds United AFC never played in the 3rd Division and 
never will :(


----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Mark Humphries" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>


....
I understand HMRC have a duty to get the money, and they don't have to
accept deferrals or holidays or restructured repayments.

However, for the sake of a few months deferral they have lost the tax payer
99% of the debt, and even if one of the other bids had won they would have
lost 60% of the debt.

I don't think that is acting in my best interests as a tax payer apart from
anything else.

They have effectively spent 99% of the 6 or 7 million (whatever the figure
was) to recover the debt.

.... 




_______________________________________________
the Leeds List is an unmoderated mailing list and the list administrators 
accept no liability for the personal views and opinions of contributors. 
Leedslist mailing list
[email protected]
http://list.zetnet.co.uk/mailman/listinfo/leedslist
Join The Leeds United Supporters Trust at www.lufctrust.org 

Reply via email to