Yeah I've been to Southend - many times I'm almost sad to say! They do
have a very long pier (longest in the UK I understand - it sticks out a
mile!) whose claim to fame (in my opinion) is that it featured in The
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Personally I preferred Benfleet for seaside stuff, just a couple of
miles up the road - but Southend is seaside even though sometimes it is
just mud flats - very reminiscent of the Humber estuary

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David Brennan
Sent: 14 June 2007 12:08
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [LU] fixtures for nonwebbies


> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 3
> Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 11:11:22 +0100
> From: "Steve Gillen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 
> Ooooo Seaside trips......
> 
> Southend

Have you been to Southend?  You have to use 'seaside' in it's very
loosest sense when describing this jewel of Essex!  Although given no
one checked my ticket, no one asked to see a membership card, and no one
told me where to sit when I went last season, perhaps I ought to go
again and do a scouseratthechampionsleaguefinal and save myself a few
quid.

DRB

_______________________________________________
the Leeds List is an unmoderated mailing list and the list
administrators accept no liability for the personal views and opinions
of contributors. 
Leedslist mailing list
[email protected]
http://list.zetnet.co.uk/mailman/listinfo/leedslist
Join The Leeds United Supporters Trust at www.lufctrust.org 

_______________________________________________
the Leeds List is an unmoderated mailing list and the list administrators 
accept no liability for the personal views and opinions of contributors. 
Leedslist mailing list
[email protected]
http://list.zetnet.co.uk/mailman/listinfo/leedslist
Join The Leeds United Supporters Trust at www.lufctrust.org 

Reply via email to