Mark wrote:
"Yeah, wouldn't want all those poor sods on their 9600 baud modems waiting 5
hours for their email to download.  Which was the main reason for this
particular 'rule'."

Right, but that's not the only reason. I find it really hard to follow
arguments and boring to plough through acres of text that isn't needed or is
repeated. Often if I can't see where the new content is easily, I just
delete the digest without bothering to read - and I can only imagine what
pearls of wisdom I'm missing ;^)

[whine] It's just lazy not to edit down the quoted bits - and it makes it
much harder for everyone else to understand your point. Oh, and can I make
an appeal to limit "fisking" (point by point deconstruction of others'
posts)? It does tend to make every debate descend into nit-picking and means
new thoughts, comments and ideas get drowned out. Um, and why not delete
overly long signature files, too? [/whine]

-- 
Richard Young
Freelance writer and editor
_______________________________________________
the Leeds List is an unmoderated mailing list and the list administrators 
accept no liability for the personal views and opinions of contributors. 
Leedslist mailing list
[email protected]
http://list.zetnet.co.uk/mailman/listinfo/leedslist
Join The Leeds United Supporters Trust at www.lufctrust.org 

Reply via email to