Tashi Delek! I wanted to inform you of some of the activities of the
International Tibet Independence Movement (ITIM) and ask for your
continued
support. Before I do this, however, on behalf of the Board of Directors
of
ITIM, let me wish each of you a happy and healthy holiday season and new
year.

We are very excited about a new postcard campaign to release the world’s
youngest political prisoner, 9 year old Gendhun Choekyi Nyima, The
Panchen
Lama. We are designing a mailer that can be sent to both President Jiang
Zemin
and the U.N. High Commissioner of Human Rights. We selected these
individuals
because we wanted to mount a coordinated international campaign to
demonstrate
strong support for the release of The Panchen Lama. The Panchen Lama was
kidnapped by China on May 17, 1995.

The message to President Jiang will be:
Release The Panchen Lama NOW!

The message to the U.N High Commissioner will be:
Where is The Panchen Lama?

Basic information about The Panchen Lama will also be included with this
mailer, so that uninformed individuals will learn something about the
background of this situation. The campaign will be launched during
January
1999. The main messages will be in French, Spanish, Italian, German,
Chinese,
and English.

At this time, over 50 organizations from around the world have agreed to
co-
sponsor this campaign. If you are affiliated with an organization that
may
want to be a co-sponsor, e-mail me immediately. In January, we will be
posting
information on our website (www.rangzen.com) about how you can receive
these
postcards.

I want to warmly request your financial assistance with this campaign.
Our
shipping costs will be enormous. Therefore, we need your help. If you
could
donate $3 (or the equivalent in your currency) toward this campaign that
would
be wonderful! In return, we will send you a Panchen Lama button and a
few
postcards.

Donations can be sent to:
International Tibet Independence Movement
PO Box 194
Fishers, Indiana 46038-0194
United States

Please visit our website (www.rangzen.com) to learn about other ITIM
campaigns, including “Hands For Tibet” and "The State of the Tibetan
Nation"
traveling photography exhibit.

As always, thanks for supporting the Tibetans’ desire to regain their
country.
If you have received more than one copy of this message or want to be
removed
from our database, please let me know.

Bhod Rangzen! (Independence for Tibet!)

Larry Gerstein
President, Int'l Tibet Independence Movement
http://www.rangzen.com