Red Hot Green Black is a compilation album of QLD artists and bands
raising money and awareness for environmental and indigenous issues
put out by the National Union of Students.  By linking environment
and indigenous issues to music and popular  culture, this album aims
to encourage people and especially young people to take an active
role in making the future one worth living in.

Not only is this album about issues and empowering young people to
act, it also aims to highlight the great talent musical in QLD.  Acts
range from some the most popular and well covered acts in Australia
such as Regurgitator, Ed Kuepper and Powderfinger right through to
unsigned 'up and comings' such as The Lookalikes. George, Graham
Rix...the list goes on

All of the artwork, design and multimedia for this project was put
together by young Queenslanders who share an affinity with the spirit
of this album.

Red Hot Green Black is: • A double album containing 35 tracks • In
stores nationally from December 14 • Selling nationally for $20.00  •
Distributed Nationally by 'Oracle Distribution Services' Each of the
two CDs will also contain some CD Rom Information about the
environment and indigenous issues for which the album will be raising
funds

All of the artists on Red Hot Green Black hail from QLD or live in
QLD

 Disc 1
 b Ed Kuepper - Electrical Storm (live)
 b Custard- King of Love
 b Weave - Musk
 b Graham Rix - Thin
 b George - Homebrew
 b Screamfeeder - Hanging On,
 b Pollen - Walruses to Whales
 b Stephane Clifford - South
 b Brindle - In Her eyes
 b Precision Oiler - Bluebeard
 b Resin Dogs - Que-Cumber
 b Gota Cola - Vinyl Car
 b Endorphin - Too Much
 b Snatch - Give You Up
 b Tulipan - Glass Sunset

 Disc 2
 b Regurgitator - I Will Lick Your  Asshole
 b Fur - Kinky Ass Kid
 b Pangea - Again
 b Slant - Weak Day
 b Sifthick - Junky Mountain High
 b Girls Germs - Girl For Me
 b Budd - Yetti
 b Screamfeeder - Rat and Goldfish
 b Jackamaeno - Mama
 b Lavish - Good for Me
 b Powdefinger - John Callahan
 b Palladium - All Good People
 b Tribal Link - One Nation
 b Lookalikes - Dads Dance
 b Throttle - Piggy in the Middle
 b Not From There - What is Better
 b Elevation - Resin on a Stick
 b Dogmachine - Anesthetic is Good
 b Two Dogs - Come and Spread Your arms
 b Soma Rasa - Paella

 A COUPLE OF RAVES:

A compilation like this is a great starting point for anyone who
questions the status quo, who isn't satisfied with the way things are
and who would ike to be really engaged in what counts; real equality
of treatment for all people regardless of colour and circumstance, a
genuine looking after our country, freedom to create, hope for a
future not planned by the bureaucrats and corporatists but through
the efforts and for the benefit of average people.

These sentiments are not empty words on a page, they are the stuff of
now. Whether it is the campaign to protect special places like Kakadu
or to see positive peacemaking with the first Australians as a
foundation of the imminent Australian republic. Whether it is
tattooing the best clause of the Universal Declaration of Human
Rights on your arm or turning up at the next rally for better
conditions for students. To be connected to your community, to be
prepared to speak out or act on something fundamental in your
society, to identify with the very real struggle of people of the
land and of the land itself, is at this time to be fully human.
Making a stand takes a person from passive observer to active
participant and it speeds the changes in history that are possible
when we work together for a common good.

The artists on this CD have given their songs to this aim, I hope you
the listener, can be inspired to act in the spirit of red hot green
black.

Peter Garret

In all issues we first ask this question:  'Will people 100 years for
now thank us for doing this?' That question should be carved over the
north, south, east and west doors of state and federal parliaments.
It would revolutionise the way society works.

Consideration for all future generations, as well as the rights of
all our fellow creatures on Earth, is foreign to modern materialist
society. But it is not new, by any means.  It is the wisdom of the
ages, of all Indigenous peoples including Indigenous Australians.
When that wisdom rules again, we will again find peace, security and
the happiness of being able to look our children's      children in the
eye, across the decades, and say  'we thought of you!'

In this simple way, Black and Green wisdom entwines and, together, we
reach for a fairer society and protection of Australia's natural and
cultural heritage.  In this CD, that Black and Green companionship
comes through.  In music, as in politics, there is much we share.
Here is a recipe for happiness: for people, for the planet, for all
time to come.

 Senator Bob Brown

 CONTACT SCOTT AT [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.alexia.net.au/~www/mhutton/