Residents Against McDonalds fear that their community's historic house at 1
Sussex Street Pascoe Vale will shortly be demolished. McDonalds have applied
for and been granted a permit to demolish the house despite Moreland City
Council having lodged with the Minister for Planning a request for  Interim
Demolition Controls over the house.

McDonalds permit will be granted as of Saturday and they will then be free
to destry 110 years of hertiage in order to build the largest McDonalds in
Victoria. 3 other well maintained houses have already been demolished in
Bell Street.

There is still another hearing at the Victorian Civiil Appeals Tribunal set
for 4 April 1999 to decide whether McDonalds plans for a completely enclosed
drive thru, a worlds first for them! can be built. The resident's and
Council's case will be virtually hopeless if the historic house has been
demolished as the site will then be completely cleared.

RAM asks for your support to oppose the demolition. We need to preserve the
house in order to preserve any chance we may have at the Tribunal. We also
need to show McDonalds that communities will fight back to maintain and
preserve their heritage.

Monday is looking like demolition day. We need people to come to the site at
short notice. It is best if you can give a phone number so you can join our
telepohone tree or an email address. If yo can help please call Russell on
0418 300 507 and leave your name and number or email address. Alternatively
email [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This is a one off opportunity as McDonalds will move quickly. We belive with
your support we can save the house and show McDonalds that communites can
and will oppose the destruction oftheir communites.