Dear Friends,

If you're a Melbourne dweller or in Melbourne on July 17th, here is your
opportunity to come to the Friends of the Earth, (Nuclear Free Ways Project)
Comedy Benefit Night.

Featuring the smash hit sensations of the Melbourne Comedy Festival

TRIO GUSTO!!!!!!!!

Lower Melbourne Town Hall
8pm
$12 and $16
Bookings on 03 9419 8700 or 0418 178 053 or [EMAIL PROTECTED] and mark att
to Daniel

Media Release

TRIO GUSTO / FOE COMEDY BENEFIT NIGHT

SATIRE WITH GUSTO
TO SAVE WORLD ENVIRONMENT !!!

25th June 1999
Trio Gusto, the smash hit sensation of the Melbourne Comedy Festival are
returning for a Friends of the Earth benefit night on Saturday 17th July.

Designated “not mainstream enough” for the official Sydney Mardi Gras, the Trio
have nevertheless scored direct hits with audiences around the country since
their highly charged debut at last year’s Adelaide Fringe Festival.

According to group member Cameron Sharp, the Trio’s satirical services have
been donated to environment organisation Friends of the Earth, “because they do
great work and they laugh at our jokes. But mostly because they laugh at our
jokes”.

So what’s in store for audiences at the Trio Gusto gig?

“We perform musical satire which is a really entertaining way of commenting on
the state of the nation,” says Cameron, “whether that be politics, the
environment or social icons. We re-write our material constantly to keep up to
date and we’ll be sure to sneak in a few jokes on the latest hot topics.”

Combining stunning operatics and 30’s Jazz, dance and mayhem, Trio Gusto
promises a weird, wacky and wildly funny night out.
When: Saturday 17th July 1999
Where: Lower Melbourne Town Hall
Time: 8pm sharp
Cost: $12 and $16
“Sharp and shameless satire . . . the new stars of cabaret” - Sydney Star
Observer

“Farcial and hilarious . . . passionate . . . camp . . . inspirational . . .
for those who still believe in this counry despite its problems”  Adelaide
Advertiser.

“Non stop humour . . . razor sharp politics”  Green Left Weekly

Contact: Daniel Voronoff on 9419 8700 or 0418 178 053
to arrange interviews with Trio Gusto, etc.