Forwarded to the list from Rob Durbridge...

Jane Nicholls rang at around 1.00 pm EST from the CNRT Rally in Dili today.

She said it was the biggest rally she's ever been in...including Vietnam
Moratorium Melbourne and anti-Kennett Rallies,  she said absolutely huge!
Not bad for a town of 250,000 or so!

She said it was absolutely peaceful and well disciplined at the time.

As a US Catholic sister said to me in Dili last week, "Hang on comrade,
it's going to be a rough ride from here on in."  Let's keep our fingers
crossed.

Rob Durbridge
Federal Secretary
Australian Education Union

Kati
If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping in a
closed room with a mosquito.  African Proverb

                Federation of Education Unions Information Centre
                     120 Clarendon St. Southbank Victoria 3006
                    Telephone: 03 9254 1800 Fax: 03 9254 1805
                 Website: http://www.edunions.labor.net.au/feuic
                       E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      Alternate e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                            or: [EMAIL PROTECTED]