Here's a great one at the New International Bookshop

Paul Adams on FRANK HARDY
2pm Sunday 7th November

Paul will discuss his new book The Stranger from Melbourne: Frank Hardy - A
Literary Biography 1944 - 1975.

The blurb on the book says: "Frank Hardy is perhaps Australia's most famous
communist writer. He was variously a gambler and risk taker, a
working-class raconteur and bush liar and a political opportunist who
understood how to get the best from long odds. Paul Adams traces the
relationship between Hardy's writings, his political activism and the
historical events which shaped his literary works."

Paul Adams teaches working-class writing at Victoria University. He is a
community rights activist who has been "variously involved in unemployment
groups, housing organizations, the labour movement and environment groups."

NEWS
We have located two computers that volunteers at the bookshop can use -
thanks to the two people who emailed us.  We would still love to hear about
a printer we can connect up to the computers!

        New International Bookshop
        Trades Hall, cnr Victoria and Lygon Sts, Carlton South
                Mon-Fri 10-30 - 6.30, Sat-Sun 11 - 5

                phone 03-9662-3744
                email [EMAIL PROTECTED]

        More than just a bookshop,