Greetings,

As you may know, Moira Rayner is leaving Australia to take up the inaugural
position of director of the Office of Children's Rights Commissioner in
London. The Women's Trust is hosting a farewell for Moira on Monday Feb 21,
5-7.30pm at La Notte Cafe, 140 Lygon Street, Carlton. Cost is $15 and
refreshments will be served. The evening will be a fundraiser for the Moira
Rayner Fund for Equal Opportunity, established by the Trust in 1993 to help
women fight equal opportunity and discrimination cases.

Moira flies out on Feb 23, hence the short notice! Please pass this email on
to anyone who may like to attend. RSVP is essential: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or
phone (03) 9642 0422.

---------------------------------
Other Upcoming Events:

The End of the Affair: A special preview for Trust members and friends of
this brilliant adaptation of Graham Greene's autobiographical novel,
directed by Neil Jordan and starring Ralph Fiennes, Julianne Moore and
Stephen Rea. Wednesday March 1, 6.30pm at Cinema Nova, Carlton. Cost is $10
or $15 for non-members and includes champagne & nibbles. Bookings are
essential: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or 9642 0422.

International Women's Day: The "Women of Spirit" lectures featuring Raelene
Boyle, Dorothy McCrae-McMahon, Kerri Simpson, Joy Murphy and Kelsang Wangmo
and hosted by Gael Jennings. Wednesday March 8 from 6pm at North Melbourne
Town Hall. Cost $15 or $10 concession; tickets are selling fast, so reserve
your place! Check out our website http://www.vwt.org.au for speaker
profiles.

Mothers' Day Classic: Join the Women's Trust team to walk or run for breast
cancer research on Sunday May 14, 9.30am round the tan track at the Botannic
Gardens. Contact us if you'd like to participate; [EMAIL PROTECTED] or 9642
0422.

---------------------------------

Trust Grants:
Our 2000 granting round has recently been announced and guidelines are
available from our office, phone 9642 0422 or send an email with your
address or fax number (sorry, they're not available in electronic form!)

--------------------------------

And on a personal note...
I will be leaving the Trust in a couple of weeks after four and a half years
(and yes, I'm *really* leaving this time!) I can truly say that working for
the Women's Trust has been one of the great experiences of my life. Thanks
to all the fabulous women I've been privileged to work with during this
time. If you'd like to stay in touch, my personal email is
[EMAIL PROTECTED] I wish you all well and I'm sure the Trust will go from
strength to strength!!

warm regards,

Sophie Best
Fundraising & Public Relations Co-ordinator
Victorian Women's Trust

LL.VB