"KOORIES, WORKERS, & ENVIRONMENTALISTS STAND-UP FOR PEACE IN OUR FOREST"

Where:  Department of Natural Resources =96 Information Centre, Corner
Victoria and Nicholson St, Melbourne (opposite St Vincents Hospital).

When:   7:00am onwards, Tuesday 29th of February 2000

Why:            The serious attacks and malicious beatings of environmentalists
peacefully protesting in the forests of East Gippsland and the Otways
cannot be tolerated. A discredited RFA process can only lead to a single
inevitable outcome: escalating violence.
It is imperative we all do our bit to raise public pressure on the
government to mediate in the conflict and end the violence and intimidation
with peaceful and open all-party talks.

What:   Aboriginal Elders, Environmentalists and workers condemn RFA
violence and demand sustainable alternatives are seriously researched and
trialed. Aunty Betty King will make a rare personal and passionate
appearance.

This action is a public and practical example of the non-violent work which
growing numbers of environmental activists have embraced to help protect
our last remaining native forests. Moreover, we hope to have native tree
seedlings to give out to petitioners, as well as hosting performers,
climbing displays, colourful placards and banners etc. All contributions
welcome. Spread the word, tell your friends

East Gippsland and  Otways forest activists will be bringing their
Non-Violent Direct Action (NVDA) forest tactics to Melbourne on Tuesday so
DONT miss out on an action/awareness raising extravaganza the likes of
which Melbourne has never seen!

Must the Government have death on its hands before its prepared to enter
into open and constructive dialog with all stakeholders; including local,
regional and indigenous communities, workers, environmentalists,
recreational fisherman, unions, and industry representatives?

This is one question we must put to Bracks, Garbutt, and her
environmentally corrupt department - the DNRE.

Contact:

Hope (Forest Action Network) 0408 138 397,=20
Michelle (Future Rescue) 0402 014 314,
Fiona (Monash Environment Group) 0427 033 321
--
O t w a y s   R a n g e s   E n v i r o n m e n t    N e t w o r k
An affilliation of Otway's residents, regional and Victorian

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (OREN Propaganda)

WEB SITE http://www.oren.org.au

DO NOT assume that any act of damage to logging equipment or logging
infrastructure is done by conservationists or members of anti - logging
groups. - Victorian Police (internal memo)