Dear Friends,

Friends of the Earth Australia published a Direct Action Calender in 1998
and 1999.  We are working on expanding this to an A5 (day-to-a-page) diary
format for 2001.  We are still working on the design, and are still keen
for images/graphics etc of people and actions going on around the place all
in the name of making the world much more just.  The diary will be
distributed nationally.  We're wanting to get spread the word out to people
of all the amazing and inspiring campaigns, information, interesting events
and dates, websites and of course contacts there are out there.

The pages of the months are broadly themed along the lines of "reclaiming" i.e

January - Reclaim Your Space;
February - Debt;
March - Water;
April - Energy;
May - Unions/Alliances;
June - Earth;
July- Population;
August -Indigenous;
September - Multinationals;
October - Food;
November - Genes;
December - Diversity.

Graphics, photos, quotes, campaign ideas etc are fitted in under these
themes. Significant dates are highlighted daily. The format is meant to
make to easy for activists or people interested in finding out such
information and potentially planning with this info in mind. At this stage
we are still fundraising for the publication and are also looking for
ethical, "nice" organisations that may want to advertise in the small
amount of space we have reserved for this purpose.  We'd also like to hear
from people interested in or able to help with distribution of the diaries.

Hopefully some of you will be interested in finding out more about this
project, or are keen on contributing in some way.  Please reply soon if you
are.  We are trying to get this done by mid-June.  The working group is
based in Melbourne at Friends of the Earth Fitzroy (PO Box 222, Fitzroy VIC
3065).  We also have a dedicated email address for da diary:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

There will be a quiz night fundraiser in Melbourne for the project on May
25 at Trades Hall.  Look out for more details soon to be posted.

thanks

Indira Narayan
WA Mining Campaigner
Friends of the Earth Australia