Hey folks. This year seven gutsy students from University Students for East
Timor will be going to East Timor for at least 6 months to help the East
Timorese students there operate a resource centre. Basically the
educational needs of the students  have been ignored by the UN and just
about everyone else in Timor. They are working with limited basic
resources, and have been relying on students in Australia for support.

University Students for East Timor (USET) is helping to gather resources to
send over to Timor on 8 May. We've got a huge crate which is going over to
the students on the sixth of May. It is mostly packed but there's enough
room for some more stuff that needs gathering from around Melbourne and to
be packed. We urgently need people with cars or arms.

 From 10am there will be banner painting and packing from the Free Timor
Office in Trade Hall.
Cnr of Lygon St and Victoria St

At 12.00pm there will be a BYO picnic lunch at Melbourne Univerity Student
Union (The Farrago Office, first floor Union House): to chat and rest
before sreen printing t-shirts for the students and packing the crate (this
is where we really need people with cars- the crate is in Lloyd Street
Kensington.

Most importantly: we still need stuff to put in the crate from the list
below. Hound parents, friends, lovers, and complete strangers for anything
you can get.

1. Stationery - pens, paper, exercise books & notebooks, staplers/paper
clips etc./white board markers, blackboard paint (if people want to donate
for Fretilin as well, that would be good)
2. Small electric cooking stove and oven (not priority but if given to us
we won't say no))
3. Small bar fridge (if we can't get, we buy)
4. Banner: to say - Conselhu Solidariedade Universidade Timor Lorosa'e -
East Timor Student Solidarity Council (ETSSC) ; Grupo Feto Foinsa'e Timor
Lorosa'e
5. T-shirt screen, squeegee, fabric paint (to be screened on Saturday in
the SRCC at Melbourne Uni Student Union)
6. Transistor radios and cassette players, cassettes
7. Extension cords, power boards and double adaptors
8. Electric Fans (small)
9. House Paint, brushes and rollers
10. Typewriters and typewriter ribbon (for Fretilin as well as ETSSC)

If you have any questions call Kate at the Free Timor Office on 9639 7688
or Penny at FArrago Office on 9344 4810.

Viva volunteers!

Penny and Zolt

LL.VE