To left linkies,
Please post our radiothon info on the email news list
Thankyou

Press Release…Press Release…Press Release…Press Release…Press Release

3CR - Uncensored and Outspoken!
Free from corporate sponsorship and government control, 3CR brings the
community social justice radio with integrity.

·       3CR is holding its annual Radiothon from 4th-17th June 2001.This
year the station needs to raise $125 000  and the theme is Uncensored and
Outspoken.

·       3CR is committed to providing alternative coverage of social,
economic, cultural and political developments taking place in Melbourne,
Australia and around the world.  We do this from a unique perspective that
puts those involved and affected at the centre of our programming, and
places broadcasting in a socially and progressive framework. Over the past
year 3CR volunteer programmers have won awards for their coverage of the
S11 protests and the local music scene.

·       2001 is the international year of the volunteer.  This year 3CR
celebrates 25 years of volunteer driven broadcasting which has allowed the
station to remain free from censorship and corporate sponsorship. Every
week over 400 volunteer programmers broadcasting in 20 languages provide 24
hour coverage of the issues that affect their  daily lives. With the
support that the community shows though donating during the annual
Radiothon and the dedication of our volunteers, 3CR continues to be
uncensored and outspoken.

·       With hundreds of community groups putting their views to air on 3CR
- Kooris, women, environmentalists, community language groups, social
justice activists, trade unions, lesbians and gay organisations, community
arts, alternative and local musicians, 3CR remains committed to the voice
of true media diversity.

·       Donations over $2 are tax deductible, call 9419 8377 with your
donation.

Anyone who donates can win
A Dyno Cruiser Glide Deluxe, Value $600 from Loco Low Riders
A Giant Mountain Bike, Value $500 from Lygon Cycles
Not for Publication
·       Photos of volunteers at work on air or covering rallies are
available on
request.
·       For interviews or more information contact the Jay Estorninho or Emily
Hayes on 94198377.