Dear Friends,

76 workers, mostly Vietnamese, at a company called Metroshelf in the
western suburbs of Sydney, New South Wales were sacked after they joined
the Australian Manufacturing Workers Union. They have been locked out of
the factory for about 10 weeks now without pay. The company has scorned the
basic rights of these workers, ie the right to a job and the right to join
a union of their choice.

A compulsory conference between the company and the workers took place in
the Australian Industrial Relations Commission in Sydney Friday 3rd August
at 2pm. These talks did not make any significant progress. The workers are
asking you to send a strong message to the company representatives,
condemning them and letting them know that their actions are being watched
and that there are people in the community who condemn this behaviour.

HOW YOU CAN HELP:

Fill out the attached letter to the company and email it direct to them at
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and cc your emails to [EMAIL PROTECTED] so
that we can monitor the response.

Don Sutherland
National Education Coordinator
Australian Manufacturing Workers Union
ph 61 +2 98979133
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (work)
mobile: 0417227709
fax 61 +2 98979275

Mr Jason Coglin
Manager
Metro Shelf Products
67 Greenacre NSW 2190
email [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Dear Mr Coglin,

APPEAL FOR SACKED METROSHELF WORKERS

I have been recently been informed about the dispute at Metroshelf in
Revesby whereby your company sacked workers for joining the Australian
Manufacturing Workers Union.

I urge you to reinstate these workers and respect their right to join a
trade union of their choice and to exercise their rights as workers. I
condemn you for your position.

I would also like to inform you that I totally support these workers in
their struggle and will be supporting them all the way in their community
wide campaign to advertise their plight at the way they have been treated
by your company.

Yours sincerely,

[name]
[address]