Canto Coro (Melbourne) seeks singers for '1975' a new music theatre work
about Australia, the Dismissal, and East Timor

Canto Coro is a multicultural community choir rehearsing in Brunswick, and
conducted by Peter Mousaferiadis.

Join Canto Coro to produce 1975 from the start of this exciting 2-year
project. 1975 will explore events of that year - including the dismissal of
Whitlam and the invasion of East Timor - and their repercussions.

Composer Irine Vela ("Little City") and writer John Romeril ("Black Cargo")
are creating 1975 right now, and we will perform excerpts from 1975 in
December,2001.  Our December concerts will also include hits from our Latin
American and Greek repertoire, including Theodorakis.

Come and try us out:

Rehearsals - Saturday afternoons 3-6pm, from August 18th 2001, at Christ
Church Hall, 8 Glenlyon Rd Brunswick (nr cnr Sydney Rd).

No auditions

No cost

Free childcare at all rehearsals

Male & female Tenors especially welcome!

voicemail: 9513 9674

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Supported by

City of Moreland