MEDIA RELEASE

QUEANBEYAN MARCHES FOR NO WAR

Queanbeyan's first anti-war march will be held next Saturday at 9.30AM
starting from the entrance to the Riverside Plaza in Monaro Street and
walking along the pavement to the Queanabeyan Park.  Queanbeyan and
district People for Peace started last Monday night at the second
meeting convened by the former Member for Eden-Monaro, Jim Snow.
Speakers at the park will be Diana Abdul Rahman, a spokesperson for
Canberra's muslim community and Avigail Abarbanello an Israeli woman
keen to see a peaceful resolution in Palestine.  Queanbeyan identities
Shirley and Harry Hesse presented the group with a Queanbeyan peace
banner ready to wave at the march and at the rally in Civic Canberra at
11 AM.

Yvonne Francis, spokesperson for the QPPand NSW Senate candidate for the
Nuclear Disarmament Party says:  "It is wonderful to have two women
speakers from the Middle East.  Women and children will bear the brunt
of this outrage and those in Iraq already suffer bombed out water and
health facilities.  We are angry with John Howard's fawning attitude and
support for the US bullies ignoring the people's pleas.  We are not
alone - we reflect communities all over the world who are joining in
unity against media lies, political lies and pure greed.  As Nelson
Mandela says we are on the verge of historical madness.

Yvonne says: "If we do nothing it will happen.  We reject the the
politics of silence, we are keen to do something to make a difference.
The Queanbeyan City Council has come out against the war.  QPP has
tremendous support, even our own web site (www.boldacious.com/qpp) and
we are sure all towns can do the same.  It takes a lot of lies and
bigotry to send good people to war and we absolutely refuse.  We are all
different, different histories, ages and political beliefs, but we speak
with one voice, John Howard, find your soul!  We demand you listen and
bring the Australian troops home."

MORE INFORMATION
Jim Snow  3 Bruce Street Queanbeyan

Yvonne Francis 16/104 Henderson Road Queanbeyan
02 6297 6274 h
02 6272 5048 w
0418401480