Dear friends of refugees

In addition to earlier notifications about our Symposium "The
Cost, the Carnage and The Bill", to be held at the University of
Western Australia on 27 and 28 September, we're now also able to add
another presenter to the panel on our Forum. Some additional details
about session times are also included below, as well as a change of venue
for the - free - post-Symposium training workshop for the DetentionWatch
project.

We also have secured the presence of culinary hosts Govinda's Restaurant
to make your lunch on Saturday available right outside our venue at the
University.

Further details below.

Sincerely,

Jack H Smit
Project SafeCom Inc.
P.O. Box 364
Narrogin WA 6312
phone: 041 70 90 130
http://www.safecom.org/symposium03.htm

Project SafeCom Symposium: additional information

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Woomera teacher and author Tom Mann
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

In addition to the previously announced "star line-up", we
also have secured the presence of Tom Mann, former teacher at the
Woomera detention centre, at our Symposium. In addition to being a
former employee of Australasian Correctional Management, Tom is also the
author of "Desert Sorrow", a personal account of his time in Woomera.
Tom will bring a limited number of copies of his book - available for
sale as autographed copies.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Timing of Saturday am session
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

* 10:30 to 12:15 - Port Hedland - medical negligence, vanishing
records

Lunch available outside venue

* 12:15 - 2:00 Lunch

A Food stall will be set up for us by Govinda's Hare Krishna Restaurant
outside our venue, the Social Sciences Lecture Theatre. Govinda's, who
also provides food at major events such as the Perth Royal Show, will
have fully prepared and cooked meals available at their usual rock-bottom
prices.

Timing of Saturday pm sessions

* 2:00pm to 3:20pm - Baxter - squandering millions to control and
hide

* 3:40pm to 5:20pm - Woomera - cowering, collusion, corruption of
public servants

* 7:30pm to 9:00pm -  Nauru - crimes against humanity

Full outline of Saturday sessions

http://www.safecom.org/symp03-saturday.htm

*+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-FREE-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Post-Symposium Workshop: new venue
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-FREE-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

The -FREE- DetentionWatch training workshop, announced as our
Post-Symposium Workshop, will now also be held at the University of WA
campus, within walking distance from The Octagon Theatre: in the GP3
Teaching lab, Ground Floor Third General Purpose building, Myers Street
(map on our website).

The DetentionWatch team writes: "Anyone who has an interest in
actively supporting the DetentionWatch Network project in the role of a
contributor or 'editor' is encouraged to attend. We particularly
encourage people with journalistic or writing experience, and anyone who
maintains regular contact with people in detention centres."

MORE DETAILS:
http://www.safecom.org/symp03d-watch.htm

To REGISTER:
http://www.safecom.org/symp03-reg-dwatch.htm