A Special House Concert

Come and celebrate the cultures and the creativity within the Canberra
community and at the same time, contribute to the costs of refugee advocacy.

Salar Ayoubi – extraordinary singer & multi-instrumentalist from Iran

Nitya & Andrew Purdam – Bamboo flute and tabla - Ragas of Spring

A Chorus of Women – Women singing for peace and cultural well-being.

Shahzad Kayani – Songs from Pakistan

JAM’NN – instrumental music from Macedonia, Greece, Bulgaria

Iqbal Khalidi – Songs from Afghanistan

Ahmed & Nihad – Contemporary music from Kurdistan & Turkey

Maryam Saeed – Sublime Poetry   Iimala (& students) – Egyptian Dance

The Tribe – David, Natalia and friends

All money raised will cover the fares to send Marion Le to Baxter
Immigration Detention Centre so she can represent a young Afghan asylum
seeker who is about to return to the Refugee Review Tribunal:

"I was lucky enough to meet this young Afghan in Baxter in January this
year.  He could be the son of any of us, he is shy, sweet, and he misses
his Mum dreadfully.  He grieves for family members killed, both in the
past, as well as one brother killed recently.  Like the young people in
our own communities, he too deserves to be safe. He heard about Marion’s
trip to Afghanistan and he begged me to ‘find her’ and tell her about him. ”
(Claire Bruhns).

Saturday, Sept 20th       7.00 for 7.30 pm start
7 Yate Gardens, Rivett   (Claire, Nitya & Hannah’s Place)

$10 Contribution + bring plate to share for late supper

RSVP ph 6288 0535; 0401325943; [EMAIL PROTECTED]