Dear Everyone,

Welcome to the Ocober 2003 newsletter of  http://www.horacek.com.au/home.htm
(Apologies for saying that last month was July, no idea how that
happened). This month's Topic is Mothers.  To go from here to Maternity,
click here:
http://www.horacek.com.au/topic.htm

Next month's topic will be Night.

Now available on the website - New merchandise from Alperstein Designs
featuring Horacek cartoons.  A new Christmas teatowel of the Father
Christmas tree cartoon; a teatowel and apron of Life on the Slow Couch;
  and an Old Woman who lived in the Shoe carry bag (she had so many
plastic bags she didn't know what to do).  Check out Things to Buy on
the website, in the relevant teatowel, apron and carrybag sections,
http://www.horacek.com.au/thgstobuy.htm

In November this year, Spinifex Press is publishing a new edition of my
first ever cartoon collection, Life on the Edge.  Chock full of classic
cartoons.  I still have a limited number of copies of the first edition
for sale by mail order, so if you fancy yourself  a collector of first
editions go to http://www.horacek.com.au/thgslifeonedge.htm for details.

This year's limited edition screenprint will be of the much loved 'Woman
with a Past, Woman with a Future, Woman with a Present'.  It should be
available by the time of the next newsletter.

This Monday October 6 the campaign Free To Be Australian continues,
trying to protect our cultural and media industries (that's books, tv,
theatre, even cartoons) against the juggernaut of the Free Trade
Agreement.  11 am in the Studio of the Sydney Opera House, with speakers
including Geoff Morrell, Quentin Dempster, Simon Burke, Margo Kingston
and Judy Horacek.  For more information contact the Media Entertainment
and Arts Alliance on 02 9333 0999 or visit their website at
http://www.free2baustralian.org.au

Don't forget to plan your tropical holiday to Townsville to see the
exhibition 'I am woman hear me draw' in March at the Perc Tucker Gallery
from 13 February to 28 March 2004.

Happy Octobering,

Judy

This newsletter will be sent out at the beginning of every month.  It
will only be short. Please feel free to forward it to anyone you think
would be interested.  If you received this e-mail direct from Judy
Horacek and you wish to keep receiving it, you don't have to do
anything.  If you have had this e-mail forwarded to you and you would
like to join the e-mailing list in your own right, please send an e-mail
to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the word 'subscribe' as the subject.
   This list will never ever ever be passed on to anyone.

If you would like to be taken off this list, please send an e-mail to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] with the word 'unsubscribe' as the subject
(but if you have had this email forwarded to you by someone who isn't
Judy Horacek, then you're not actually on our list, so there's no need
to do anything if you don't want to receive this newsletter).

Please note, if you subscribe and don't receive anything around the
first of the following month, please check that you don't have filters
set to stop junk mail, because such filters won't let this newsletter
through.  If you've checked that and it seems okay, let us know and
we'll see what we can do (which is not all that much but sometimes it
works.)