Tim,
 I agree and would do a multistage polish. Also, I would think that
you would need to mill the blanks VERY slowly due to heat and
brittleness of the material. One additional thought, I will probably
use epoxy to glue the brass tube rather than CA. I would think that it
would stabilize the glue up better.

Bill,
 Thanks for the info.. I look forward to the pictures.

Steve