no not serrated just strait off the bandsaw I didnt sand it for that reason a little rough better grip
Bill
----- Original Message ----- From: "begatbrown" <darylmichaelsc...@gmail.com>
To: "Legacy Ornamental Mills" <legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2011 3:34 AM
Subject: Re: Looking for a Means of Locking the Rotary Table to make straight cuts

Hello All,

No offense taken, especially sense the magnet solution got me through
a problem without taking the day off.

Bill, how do your clamps grip the teeth?  Are they serrated?  Can't
tell from the photo.

Begat

On May 1, 11:46 am, "Bill Bulkeley" <bulke...@mmnet.com.au> wrote:
my clamp does hold quite tight with little pressure due to the large surface area clamping, you would have to really be doing some hard cutting vibration for it to move. and as you say lots of pressure will move the large gear slightly but as i said one each side seems to stop that. but really how hard do you need to clamp it
I have had no trouble with movment or slip and with just light clamping