I like the idea. I am going through all the possibilities in my head. Why
don't you plan project around it and see if it works like it should. I want
one. To be able to use a faceplate or chuck in the upright position changees
things instead of tilting the router. Maybe something where you coiuld tilt
it a little  would be the next progression.
On Jun 28, 2011 8:49 AM, "curt george" <curtgeo...@wowway.com> wrote:
> If that adaptor had a through hole so it could be mounted onto the rail or
on a flat table, I would think it could be a holder for mounting round
finished or ready made idioms, So ornamental details could be added to them.
> If it had a point on the end. Then it could be used as a center finder, so
you could mount idioms on center more easily in a chuck.
> (I own one of those, and it makes mounting idioms very easy on an
independent jawed chuck)

> But as is... Im going to have to think about it some more.
>
> Neat one Tim.
>
> You have me thinking. Thanks a lot! ;-)
>
> C.A.G.

center height maybe with the chuck holding a dead center for doing tapers
with side cutting bits instead of a tapered template that's all I can think
of at this stage
> what's your idea Tim
>
> Bill

aluminum rail for mounting 1-8 chuck and face plates etc. The question is
why would I do such a thing? Can anyone say what they would use this idea
for?

> Some times simple ideas expand to great advancements once we talk them
out. I hope this is one of those things.