yes you did read correctly that's what I meant get a second drive hub for the
wood lathe mine is the same Morse taper on both.
same thread too for the chuck

  From: CURTIS GEORGE
  To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 10:48 PM
  Subject: Re: Centering Mounting Hubs

  Hello Bill
  I am at work now but I have a few min. before...

  I made a jig this morning that I will take pictures of and send to the group
this evening.

  But If I read your message correctly about adapting the spindle for use on
the legacy, I highly recemend to everyone
  to make an adaptor or buy a second drive hub adaptor for your lathe.
  From my experances When I remove the hub from the spindle
  you will never get it on the same way again ,to make it true to the centeral
axis.(there will always be some kind of play in it.)
  For sanding on the Lathe I just switch the spindle back and forth from the
Legacy to the lathe and back when need be.

  A good friend of mine. told me a long time ago, the make sure everything you
own should be fully adaptable.( all parts should be same, It will save a lot of
time in the long run.)
  both my Shopsmith and Legacy both have a 1-8 threaded adaptor on them so I
can use the same equipment on both machines. It realy dose help.

  I have to go.
  talk to you after work.