  From: Tim Krause
  To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 2:50 PM
  Subject: Re: curious question?

  Hi James,

  The nut is made from Acetal.   If you have had your nut jump or come unseated
the more likely cause is dust built up inbetween the bushings in the rails or
oversized bushing causing excess drag on the nut in the first place or simply
you are taking too heavy of a cut.  I would look into the simple things first.
I'm also assuming you are using Dynaglide as a lubricant which frees things up.
 I have not seen anyone attempt to machine one in brass to date.