I don't know what that object is in the picture.  The spindle drive is another
gear motor and has a timing pulley on it. It mounts to the back side of the
machine next to the headstock/

  From: mwfos...@earthlink.net
  To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 7:23 AM
  Subject: Re: Model 2000 at auction

  Tim,

  Is that the spindle drive motor laying between the rails in the foreground in
the last photo?
  Looks like it has either a hydraulic/pneumatic line or a heavy duty cable
coming out of it.
  Yes there are nine (9) full length rails - and look at the leg/base assy. -
HEAVY machine.

  If you were to buy that unit, who would you use to ship it?  Does anyone have
experience with a shipping service/freight company and their shipping a LOM
long distance (half way across the USA)?
  What company did you use?  Did you compare several before selecting them?  I
think with a number of folks in the group selling & buying LOMs and their
accessories, we should share info as regards the best way to ship them.  Any
input would be useful to all - I'm sure.

  Thanks for sharing.