From: "George Scott" <gscot...@comcast.net>
To: "Group Legacy" <legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2012 3:59 PM
Subject: Segmented bowl plus

Curt,
Not sure where this email is going to end up inside the group. I assume the
subject determines that so it won't be where I would like it to be.

Well yes I do have a picture, if this goes where it is supposed to. It's
from the Legacy site's gallery. Maybe one of the group here did it. It is a
very nice piece of work. I'm interested in the post which I think is very
much like one of the candle holders Legacy demos, but scaled down a little.
I have been using 2 1/2" stock 6" long. Using a 1 1/2" barley bit make the
initial turn 3/4" from each end, then cut a 4 start barley twist. Then a 2"
corebox cut on top of each barley twist. I haven't attempted the straight
bit yet. The last try wasn't too bad..I started the corebox in to far.
I initially tried a three inch dia piece but it seemed bulky.

By the way I have done several of the candle holders similar to this. They
haven't been to bad. Each one gets better. The slop (backlash?) in the
machine drives me crazy. Conquoring it.

Now to see what happens with the email.....

----

----