Ok, truth be told, it's not that easy on a cnc.  The real challenge of cnc
is being able to draft a spirograph pattern.  I'd like to see if you can do
a continues line pattern in cad like the Spirograph can do.

From: <jwb...@windstream.net>
To: <legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com>
Cc: "Tim Krause" <artmarb...@comcast.net>
Sent: Sunday, September 16, 2012 11:04 PM
Subject: Re: Spirograph

It can be done easily on a cnc, it can also be done on a taper with a cnc.

---- Tim Krause <artmarb...@comcast.net> wrote:
> That was an incomplete email that got sent accidentally.   That really is
a spirograph.  I spent my drive time today contemplating what is required to
make these patterns happen.  Notice the cutter would have to cross the
center point of the rotary table multiple times per rotation.  This is going
to be rather tricky to do.

> I was going to point out to people what a spirograph pattern is.  Sorry
for any confusion.  As far as wrapping it around a spindle it could
absolutely be done on a Legacy...CNC :-).

> -Tim

that pattern or something like it, be put onto a spindle as well ?