From: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
[mailto:legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
mwfos...@earthlink.net
Sent: Wednesday, 9 January 2013 4:29 PM
To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Woodworking Show Schedule

Tim,

You notice that too.  In fact, I think that the number of Shows has dropped
DRAMATICALLY over the past three years.

However, I may have an explanation: There are so many "tree-huggers" out
there (Left Coast) - woodworkers' lives are probably threatened - never-mind
the lives of Woodworking Show organizers/instigators.  I also understand
that they have "banned" any woodworking implements from being sold or owned
- because "wood has 'feelings' too".  I believe that P.E.T.O.W. (People for
the Ethical Treatment Of Wood) started out there as well.  I think that most
things that used to be made of wood are now made from "hemp?".

 I am concerned that we may be seeing the demise of the WW Shows.  That will
be too bad.  Like others have stated, you cannot interact with the product
or salesman via the internet like you can at the WWS.   I have actually
taken a few friends over the years to the Shows with me and was able to
"spark an interest in woodworking" in them via "The Show" (product demos,
seminars, etc.).