ID of your machine should be pretty easy.  I have a hidden history page
here. http://ornamentalmills.com/history/index.html .  Also the missing
handle for the y-axis is available at several industrial suppliers but
McMaster-Carr is my preferred source for that part.

From: "Ron" <vaughn_ron...@hotmail.com>
To: <legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2013 5:23 AM
Subject: Newbie posting

Hello,
I wanted to post an introductory message to get started with this group.
My name is Ron and I acquired an old steel Legacy recently but have not yet
set it up. I couldn't pass it up for $200 including 6 or 8 Magnate bits.
It is about 9 ft long overall and is fairly complete though lacking a
support table. So one of my first tasks after I have thoroughly cleaned the
machine will be to fabricate a mobile cabinet style base for it.
My big concern is the lack of support for older models like mine. I don't
have a manual or parts list so I'm not sure of what is missing other than
the obvious things like the y axis handle.
When I have fully identified the model I have, I will post my needs in more
detail then perhaps someone in the group can give me some help.
I have a mechanical engineering and machinist background as well as machine
tool design and modification including CNC programming and use (although
it's been a few years). The point is I'm not too concerned about designing
or making the parts I need, but would appreciate all the help I can get
understanding the uses and nuances of this machine. With all the experienced
and skilled users posting here there appears to be no reason to reinvent the
wheel by going it alone.
So thanks in advance to all and hopefully I can add something as well once I
get going.
Regards,
Ron

"I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather and not screaming and crying
like his passengers"
Herb Shriner.

Visit this group at