That mandrel is not a legacy component. They offered a mandrel for the models with mt2 mounts and one that worked on the model 200 and revo's. They screwed into the spindles or mounted with a drill chuck if I recall. What you pointed out is designed to work with normal stye lathes.

mt2 mount sold by legacy.

Model 200 with threaded mount (10-32 if I recall)

Tim