From: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
[mailto:legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Brandon
Khoury
Sent: Monday, 3 June 2013 3:56 PM
To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
Subject: Modifying Legacy Mill with lathe motor

Hello everyone, I am considering modifying my drive center to be run by my
traditional lathe motor. I have looked over a few of the previous threads
and have some questions. I have the standard headstock with the delrin
bushings. I have concerns about them being able to tolerate the heat
generated by the increased rpms.  Is this a legitimate concern? Anybody
moded their headstock over to bearings? If so, please provide details.

My lathe is too short for the projects I'm working on. So, I'd like to be
able to use the length of the legacy and be able to use it as a traditional
lathe for certain details, sanding, polishing...

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Brandon

Visit this group at