Dow also makes some of their foam adhesive sealants in a larger, "Pro" size
(more economical).  Here is a link to them:
http://greatstuff.dow.com/products/pro/

Of course, you will need the "gun" to dispense them.  But if you are
filling large cavities, the Pro size's "economics" may essentially pay for
the gun - especially when you consider that you can partially use a a Pro
can and put it  away for later use.  If you try that with the "consumer"
cans, your days are numbered when it comes to using half a can now and the
remaining later.

I also notice they make a foam for pond and landscaping (P&L) use.  Check
it out if you are making items for outdoor use.  Since the P&L is
waterproof, it would most likely serve as a waterproof "plug" at the ends
of a hollow column.

Mac