Thanks curt

Bill

From: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
[mailto:legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of CURTIS GEORGE
Sent: Monday, 12 May 2014 5:54 PM
To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: legacy design kit

Hello and Good morning.

I own the design kit, I will see if I can scan those pages for you Bill.

I too was not aware of the model number change, You know the last time I
ordered some bits, Magnate sent my an CD of there catalog Ive not looked at it,
Perhaps there is something on it that could explain the changes and ...? I will
see if I can find it?

I need to get to work now.

talk to you and all latter.

C.A.G.

  _____

Bill,

Glad you brought up the subject of the Legacy Design Kit.  I'd love to get my
hands on one.  If that is not possible, perhaps someone in The Group has the
ability (or knows someone who does) to reproduce the Lexan/plastic (?) bit
templates like what came in the no-longer-produced kit.  If we have enough
Group Members interested is getting the plastic templates - their production
may be economically feasible.

I do know that you used to be able to get the CAD shapes/sizes from Legacy (and
perhaps Tim?). Perhaps you can then print them out to do what you are wanting
to do.

You bring up a "beef" I have with the Magnate router bits:  On the few Magnate
router bits I have, the plastic container/box they came in has a label with
most of the bit's info on it.  HOWEVER! - the router bits only have "Magnate"
etched on the shank - NO bit model number!  I HATE that!  Why don't they etch
the bit's stock/model number on the shank?

A related "beef":  Magnate has changed the Model numbers of a number of their
bits.  I don't know why - nor have I seen a cross-reference table, where you
can look up a bit you have and the table tells you its "equivalent" bit: "old
to new" or new to old".

Does anyone have such a cross-reference table/list they can scan and post here?

Can anyone explain why Magnate changed their model numbers?

All info anyone can share with The Group regarding Magnate's Legacy Ornamental
Mill bits will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.