Neat Don.
Thank you.

Here's another way to deal with distracting background, but this time we're
going to place the image in a different setting.
We're still using the free GIMP program and a very simple method to get the
effect.

I use a photo I took of a room with a muslin backdrop and I deliberately left
some tools and such around to show how easily they are dealt with. The table
picture was taken in our kitchen after the table was restored. The table image
is layered on top of the other image and then the background is erased. The
base layer is thereby revealed.

If you try to follow along practice with the tools and use Control+Z a lot.
When the work is finished Save As with a new name. That way the original images
remain untouched and you can place the new file in any folder you wish.

Next time I plan to move on to another program to show some other image
manipulation methods.
Somewhere along the line I want to consider lighting to improve the quality of
the image.

Best regards,
Don
Will trade my wife's yarn for tools.