It does prevent rust rather well.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bill Bulkeley
  To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2014 6:32 PM
  Subject: Re: Legacy Mill 1200 for $800 in Sacramento

  Tim is dynaglide a rust preventive i use my equivalent (top shot) and it is
  with the deadstock being a bearing one im in for $300 to get the headstock if
any members want to combine to buy this for parts
  slowly rotating the leadscrew and a brass wire brush in a electric drill
would be how i would remove surface rust